The E EOPIK Joes bike is a folding e-bike that is considered very adjustable and comfortable. The price of this ebike is highly valued as there are so many new improvements and filtering. The Joe’s is a third-generation electric bike. There are many options, like an advanced, durable battery, coordinated colour suspension forks, and a high-powered motor.
You can remove the battery from the pack, a switch where we can turn on or off the battery, and a USB port that you can use for portable electronic devices. Also, the handlebar can be adjustable. That is one of the reasons why the ebike is much comfortable, and the front and rear lights of the bike help for a much more secure ride.
The bike has a powerful motor which is 500watts, combined with a battery, which is 48 volts capacity. So the power is delivered smoothly to the engine to start the bike. They have displayed oversized throttle comfortably, and the chain ring is very large in size, which helps more in pedaling naturally.
Everything you should know about the E-EPIK Joe’s bike
The producer of the bike is an e-Joe, and the model is Epik SE. Usually, this type of bike costs around 1599USD and is available in the United States. The Epik SE bike’s position is upright, and the producers suggested that they are instrumental in urban areas and beneficial if you travel long distances. The bike class is 2, and the throttle is in demand. The manufacturing components offer a one-year warranty for the bike, manufactured from 2017 to 2018.
The details of the E EPIK Joes bike
The weight of the bike: 23.35kg
The weight of the battery: 2.31kg
Size of the frame: 36.83cm
The material used to make the frame: Aluminum Alloy (6061)
Type of the frame: Folding
Frame fork: Tempo Parafit Spring Suspension, travel- 70 mm, hub length- 100 mm, skewer 9 mm
Colours of the frame: Blue, orange, black, white
Frame rear: hub length-142mm, Axle-11mm
Points where it is attached: Rear Rack and Fender Bosses
Seat post: Aluminum Alloy
Length of the seat post:510 mm
Diameter of the seat post:30.2 mm
Brand of the tire: Kenda Kwest, 20″ x 1.75″
Size of the wheel: 50.8cm
Tire details: 40-65 PSI, Nylon, 2.8- 4.5 BAR,
Tube details: Schrader Valve
Gear speed: 7 Speed 1×7 Shimano Tourney Derailleur
Shifter type: Shimano Reva Grip Twist on Right Bar
Cranks details: made with aluminum alloy, the length is 170 mm
Pedals type: VP Folding Plastic Platform
Headsets: Thread less Internal Cups
Type of the stem: Alloy, Height 14-17.5, Quick Release Fold
Handlebar: Alloy Low Rise, Swept-Back, Length is 665cm
Details of brakes: Tektro Aries Mechanical Disc with 180 mm motors, Generic Levers with Rubberized Edge, Motor Inhibitor and integrated bell
Grip type and colour: Rubber, black colour Semi Ergonomic
Rim details: made of Aluminum Alloy, 36 Holes, double wall
Spokes: made of Stainless Steel, Black color, 13 gauge
The Electronic Details of the E EPIK Joes bike
Motor brand: Yonge
Type of the motor: Rear-Mounted Geared Hub
Nominal output of the motor:500 watts
The voltage of the battery:48 volts
Amp hours of the battery:10 ah
Watt-hours of the battery:480 wh
Battery chemistry: Lithium-ion
Time taken to charge: it usually takes about 6 hours
The estimated min range of distance: 25 miles (40 km)
Estimated max range of distance: 50 miles (80 km)
Type of display: Fixed, Greyscale LCD, backlit
Readouts of the display: Battery Level (5 Bars), Assist Level (0-5), speed Trip and Odometer are on the bike’s display.
Accessories available on display: USB Charging Port on Battery Pack
Drive modes: Cadence Sensing Pedal Assist, Trigger Throttle
Top speed of the bike: 20 mph (32 kph)
Pros and cons of E-EPIK Joe’s
Every ebike has its advantages and disadvantages. Some options may be beneficial, while others can bring so many difficulties. It also depends on the way you use it. It’s better to take a look at the pros and cons of the E-EPIK Joe’s bike.
- The bike offers an inwardly geared 500w hub motor which increases the power and torque when collated with the old models of the significant epic bike. From that, you are able to climb up hills much better. The bike also offers a 20-diameter wheel size which is small that has so many mechanical benefits too.
- The drivetrain of this bike is very advanced, and they have improved it with a 52-tooth chain ring that helps the small wheels to rotate faster. So you are able to drive fast, naturally up to 20mph.
- The display panel is straightforward to read and use. The advanced throttle is very convenient to press even with short fingers, or if you have any arthritis issues, it is much beneficial for situations like that.
- They offer so many accessories that are very beneficial and work well too. Examples are the fenders and lights too. So basically, there are all the features you need, so you won’t be able to install any additional components.
- This e-bike has 180mm disc brakes which are full-sized. It can assist at high speeds when riding long distances, and you can drive with additional weight.
- The bike has a battery pack which has an A-type USB port for charging. So that you can use the accessories when riding, or else you can use them as a backup plan when your battery drains to dead. There’s also an on and off switch that is on the battery, which draws the power. And also, you can plug any accessory into the battery when riding the bike. You should use the correct type of USB adapter because if the cord is too long, it will be on your way when you pedal the bike.
- The e Joe epic also offers an inline motor inhibitor system. It works because when you stop the brakes, it sends a signal to the motor to control the power supply. This is for safety. The inline system has a much lesser number of wires when compared to other traditional inhibitors. And we can say that this bike has less danger and is much easier than the older e-bikes.
- The important thing about this bike is that this has a plastic chain guide. It helps to keep the chain on track when you’re folding or riding the bike. It is much easier than the alloy guide and cheaper than the alloy guide bikes. And also, it is much light weighted compared to other bicycles.
- This bike also has a new cadence sensor which comes sealed type but is much smaller and more durable compared to older styles of this bike. The older versions have plastic disks and magnets that are visible to the eye. So this design is for the less use of materials. And the sensors are typically activated when you start pedaling. You won’t have to give much effort to push hard because it’s made based on motion.
- The best upgrade of this model is the battery pack which has an electric connection .normally; it is on the tube’s end and the part that opens the fold. It prevents the pins from getting bent and is much more protected.
- Usually, most of the bikes that can fold don’t have internal cables that are the companion of full-sized ones. These cables retain plastic channels and metal clasps under the main tube, keeping them out of the way.
- They have plastic folding pedals, which are more flexible and cheap. And sometimes, they also can be hard to fold, but the type of pedals used in this model has a charming folding technique. You can pull them with your finger and release the lever which is inside the pedal. So we can say that it is much easier to use plastic folding pedals.
- The motor is capable of delivering the power smoothly and requires a lower assist level. So if you press the throttle and use the higher cost levels, the motor won’t be overwhelming.
- There’s also this bell that is on the left brake lever. This model design with tekro levers is a good highlight. And also, the sound released by the bells is thunderous and clear to the riders as well as the people on the road. So we can say it’s a people-friendly f bike.
- There’s a grip shifter mechanism as it has a window. This shows you which gear you pulled and which gear you can use. There’s also an SIS thumb shifter offered by the Shimano. So the bike looks very clean and works properly.
- There are two folding points in the middle and the stem of the frame, which is for safety with a plastic lock. So it’s easier when riding as you don’t need to worry much about security.
- Nowadays, the e joes bike costs about 1599usd, so we can say it has become pretty expensive. So this bike is not an affordable folding bike anymore. The reason for the price to go up is because of the high-powered motor and the 48volts battery. So this can be a great difficulty for some people.
- We can say that this e-bike looks thick and weighs 23kg. Typically the folding bikes are heavier than they seem to be. But the astonishing thing is the removable battery. You can save 2kg by removing the battery when you want to. And also, the front wheel can reduce more kilograms if you do a quick release.
- The gripe here is minor, the charger is not that dense, and it doesn’t make the charger faster. Usually, we could say that it is just an average one. But with the improved battery capacity, it’ll take longer to fully charge the bike if you’re hoping to go for a long ride.
- Normally everyone loves the spaninga lights of this model, but most of them think that it would be nice if they’re more integrated. So it can suck more power from the main battery pack. Because you have to turn it on your own and it could be dangerous when driving on roads with no lights at night as it takes time. And also, you have to turn them off independently, and sometimes you could leave them on accidentally, and that will drain the battery of your bike too.
- The suspension fork of this bike doesn’t have a lock. So it can leap up and down when you’re pedaling or trying to move the bike forward and stop it hard. So many would think that it’s better to have a rigid fork. Because even though it is not fancy, it is much more helpful and is more adjustable at any time. But we can say that it’s fancy that they have a matching color with the frame.
- One of the essential things is a kickstand for a bike, but many people might think that it is not very pleasant. Because it usually climbs up at the bracket that is under and will get in your way if you back up your bike without loading it. But it’s fine as long as it’s adjustable.
- It’s a good thing that the display and the throttle are all combined, and that reduces the jumble on the handlebar. But we can say that there’s a downside to replacing the whole thing. Even if you have a damaged throttle, you should replace it entirely, and the replacement cost is about 65dollars which can be a little expensive.
- Primarily the internally charged motors, you can accelerate at much higher assist levels and use the throttle at full power, which can be done by the hub motors.
In conclusion, we can say that there are advantages as well as disadvantages of this bike. As we discussed in the previous paragraphs, the pros and cons of this bike were sure that you have some idea about details of the bike so before buying anything we suggest that you should take a look into the good and bad and make sure that it worth the money you spent on this bike.